Sunday, February 10, 2013

Recipe: Grain- Free Zucchini Muffins

Today I tried something new, something I have been reluctant to try for quite some time...
Zucchini Bread

Actually, Zucchini Muffins. They turned out to be a hit! I found the recipe from The Roasted Root,
it was a guest post from Seaweed & Sassafras.
Her recipe called for almond flour and Greek yogurt,  but I had to use pecan flour and keifer. The were DELISH! Okay, time for the recipe...



Grain- Free Zucchini Muffins
Makes one dozen

1/2 cup raw sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp keifer
1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup pecan flour (or almond) 
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder

Topping:
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 Tbsp raw sugar
1 tsp cinnamon  

1. Heat oven to 325*
2. Place muffin cups in muffin tin.
3. In a bowl, wisk together first 3 ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
4. Add zucchini and spices to the wet ingredients.
5. In a large bowl, mix together your flours and baking soda.
6. Add wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until incorporated.
7. Divide batter into muffin tin evenly.
8. Sprinkle on almond topping.
9. Bake for 30- 35 minutes.
10. Enjoy!   
   
Aren't these muffin cups darling? I got them for my birthday from some very special friends...
(you know who you are)



 Now grab your favorite thermos, fill it with some herbal tea, and enjoy yourself!

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings,
Layla

 
      

2 comments:

  1. Yumbly in my tumblies . . . I love zucchini bread but have never had zucchini muffins before! BTW, I awarded you guys :) http://www.simply-hannah-elise.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-liebster-award-103-in-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'll have to try these this summer, when we have loads of surplus zucchini. And those muffin cups are cute ;)
    Smiles,
    RC

    ReplyDelete